Process Editor Project
The Process Editor coding project was started in 2007 and aims at providing a light-weight Java JPanel component that can display and edit process models. The default process models are BPMN (business process level) and Petri nets (verification/analysis level).
The core framework has been enhanced by inubit Research during 2009-2011 with support for a Workbench, a Server, and a WebModeler component. Furthermore, a number of algorithms for validation, model transformation, auto-layouting, animation, and process componentization via the Refined Process Structure Tree (RPST) have been added.
Original Implementation Goals
- Lightweight component; requires only JRE 1.7
- Easy modification of process elements
- Easy addition of new process model types
- Support for programmatic and graphical process modifications
- Support for simulation
- Support for plug-ins (export, analysis, etc)
- Reference Process Editor application
The Process Editor sources can be found at github.com/frapu78/processeditor. A precompiled build can be found at the links provided under Downloads.
The Process Editor sources have been released under the Apache 2.0 open source license.
Petri net simulation
Creating a Model Type